August, 28 2020
It has been tailored to reconcile our expectations of safety and quality of education, as well address the concerns of our families and staff.
The protocol may be updated in the coming weeks as the situation evolves. We follow official directions and announcements on a daily basis to adapt our procedures. Our dedicated webpage page and your parent portal will be updated accordingly.
You are requested:
- not to visit the LFT for 14 days from the day you return in Toronto.
- report to firstname.lastname@example.org
In view of these exceptional circumstances, we count on the responsibility of each and every one of us for the safety of all.
Subject to further developments, please apply the precautionary measures described below.
Precautionary measures to be taken in case of confinement
Within 14 days of return, the following measures are recommended:
- monitor your temperature twice a day;
- watch for symptoms of respiratory infection (coughing, difficulty breathing…),
- wear a surgical mask when you are in front of another person and when you have to go out,
- Wash your hands regularly or use a hydro-alcoholic solution,
- Avoid contact with fragile people (pregnant women, chronically ill, elderly people…),
- avoid frequenting places where fragile people are present (hospitals, maternity wards, retirement homes, etc.),
- Avoid all non-essential outings (large gatherings, restaurants, cinemas…).
Reminder of basic hygiene measures
Symptoms of coronavirus can be the same as those presented during a common or severe respiratory illness, which is very common at this time of the year: fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
In order to limit any propagation, we recall the basic hygiene measures recommended for everyone:
- Wash your hands often with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based disinfectant if soap and water are not available.
- Observe good hygiene when coughing or sneezing; cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands by the toilet.
- Reduce contact with others by following the guidance for quarantine (self-isolating) or isolating
- Practice physical (social) distancing and proper hygiene
- Wear masks, if necessary
The health of our students and staff is at the heart of our preoccupations and we take all the necessary measures so that the rules of hygiene and prevention are reinforced.
For more information regarding authorities guidelines, please follow the links: