March 18, 2020
The LFT in consultation with the Board of Directors and the Embassy of France in Canada decided to take identical measures and will remain closed until April 5, 2020.
- South Korea
Measures applicable if you traveled outside Canada
You are requested:
- not to visit the LFT for 14 days from the day you return in Toronto.
- report to email@example.com
In view of these exceptional circumstances, we count on the responsibility of each and every one of us for the safety of all.
Subject to further developments, please apply the precautionary measures described below.
Precautionary measures to be taken in case of confinement
Within 14 days of return, the following measures are recommended:
- monitor your temperature twice a day;
- watch for symptoms of respiratory infection (coughing, difficulty breathing…),
- wear a surgical mask when you are in front of another person and when you have to go out,
- Wash your hands regularly or use a hydro-alcoholic solution,
- Avoid contact with fragile people (pregnant women, chronically ill, elderly people…),
- avoid frequenting places where fragile people are present (hospitals, maternity wards, retirement homes, etc.),
- Avoid all non-essential outings (large gatherings, restaurants, cinemas…).
Measures applicable to student travels and school trips
Outings in and around Toronto
All trips after April 5 are maintained until further notice.
For all other trips and events
Regarding the events in which the LFT is engaged, you will find below the status to date, which can be updated later:
- Ambassadeurs en herbe – North American Zone Final in Toronto – March 26th and 27th: cancelled
- Jeux Internationaux de la Jeunesse – Chicago : cancelled
- Grades 8 and 10 School trips : cancelled
In any case, all student travels must be authorized by the diplomatic posts of the country of departure and destination.
Reminder of basic hygiene measures
Symptoms of coronavirus can be the same as those presented during a common or severe respiratory illness, which is very common at this time of the year: fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
In order to limit any propagation, we recall the basic hygiene measures recommended for everyone:
- Wash your hands often with warm running water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based disinfectant if soap and water are not available.
- Observe good hygiene when coughing or sneezing; cover your mouth and nose with your arm to reduce the spread of germs.
- If you use a tissue, dispose of it as soon as possible and wash your hands by the toilet.
The health of our students and staff is at the heart of our preoccupations and we take all the necessary measures so that the rules of hygiene and prevention are reinforced.
For more information regarding authorities guidelines, please follow the links: